Well, good people, we have more hearings scheduled:
- HB 1238 (Malfunctioning Traffic Signals) is scheduled to be heard in House Transportation at 15:30 on February 5th.
- HB 1334 (Concerning Conversion Kits on Motorcycles) is scheduled to be heard in House Transportation at 15:30 on February 5th.
Today is the day for all of the Senate hearings:
- SB 5141 (Malfunctioning Traffic Signals)
- SB 5142 (Putting motorcycles into the Commute Trip Reduction Act)
- SB 5263 (Concerning Motorcycles Overtaking and Passing Pedestrians and Bicyclists)
- SB 5143 (Helmet Law Modification)
This is the first time in at least 15 years that we have gotten a hearing at all on any bill relaxing the requirement to wear helmets.
Be sure to contact your legislators and ask for their continued support for these bills as they move through the system.
If you don’t know yet who your representatives are, follow this link.
Until next time,
Ride safely and legislate well,
Government Relations and Junior Blogger