It is time to light up the phone lines in Olympia.
On the Senate side there are two motorcycle bills that have been placed on the floor calendar.
- SB 5141 (Malfunctioning Traffic Signals)
- SB 5142 (Putting motorcycles into the Commute Trip Reduction Act)
- SB 5263 (Concerning Motorcycles Overtaking and Passing Pedestrians and Bicyclists)
We need to call our Senators and ask them to contact the members of the Rules Committee and ask that both of these bills be moved to the floor for final passage.
On the House side there are several bills that are tentatively scheduled for executive action in House Transportation.
- HB 1238 (Malfunctioning Traffic Signals) is scheduled for February 13th.
- HB 1334 (Concerning Conversion Kits on Motorcycles) has been moved out of House Transportation but needs to be brought to the floor of the House for debate and passage.
We need to call our House members and ask them to contact the members of House Transportation to support passing HB 1238 (Malfunctioning Traffic Signals). We also need to ask them to contact the members of the House Rules Committee to support moving HB 1334 (Concerning Conversion Kits on Motorcycles), along with HB 1238 (Malfunctioning Traffic Signals) when it gets there, to the floor for final passage.
We need to get this done on as soon as possible.
If you don’t know yet who your representatives are, follow this link.
Until next time,
Ride safely and legislate well,
Government Relations and Junior Blogger